Python is a powerful high-level, object-oriented programming language created by Guido van Rossum. It is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with dynamic semantics. Its high-level built in data structures, combined with dynamic typing and dynamic binding, make it very attractive for Rapid Application Development, as well as for use as a scripting or glue language to connect existing components together. Python’s simple, easy to learn syntax emphasizes readability and therefore reduces the cost of program maintenance. Python supports modules and packages, which encourages program modularity and code reuse. The Python interpreter and the extensive standard library are available in source or binary form without charge for all major platforms and can be freely distributed.
Now, let us see how learning Python is useful:
Python is used in GIS programming. It is used as a scripting language for ArcGIS, and for Quantum GIS. Python is true general purpose language. Python is one of the most important languages to learn for people who aspire to be Data Scientists because of its rich ecosystem. Python’s major advantage is its breadth. For example, R can run Machine Learning algorithms on a preprocessed dataset, but Python is much better at processing the data.
#2. Comfort of Learning
It is more user-friendly than Java, as it has a more intuitive coding style. Both Java and Python languages do have their unique advantages for developers and end users. However, if you are just beginning your path towards a programming career, you might want to start by learning Python, as it is less complex.
#3. Advantage over other Languages
The diverse application of the Python language is a result of the combination of features which give python language an edge over others. Some of the benefits of programming in Python include:
- Presence of third-party modules in Python Package Index, that supports its interaction with other languages.
- Extensive support of Libraries includes areas like internet protocols, string operations, web services tools and operating system interfaces.
- Open Source and Community development in Python language are developed under an OSI-approved open source license, which makes it free to use and distribute, including for commercial purposes.
- Python has user-friendly data structures as built-in, that supports to construct fast runtime data structures. Python has dynamic high-level data typing reduces the length of the code.
- Python has a clean object-oriented design, provides enhanced process control capabilities. Python is considered a feasible option for building complex multi-protocol network applications.
Python is the latest, as well as best language for developing applications for devices, implemented with third party modules, extensive support of Libraries, Object Oriented and Open Source application with user-friendly data structures for runtime dynamic data structure as well as type declaration to reduce coding complexities.